1. Our company has export laden containers dropped at Cat
Lai. Due to the customs procedures of the importer, these containers
will not be loaded on the vessel for export but will be moved to our
warehouse. So what will we have to do to take them back to our
1. Shipper submits the written request
to move the container/containers back which clearly specifies the
reason of the case to the Shipping lines, Customs and Cat Lai port’s
Operation on duty . This written request should be signed and sealed by
the owner of the cargo.
2. Shipper get approval confirmation of Shipping lines (container operator) for this back move
3. Shipper goes to the container management division (Terminal/CY) to
get confirmation about the location of container and the amount of
containers shifted to get that container out.
4. Shipper gets confirmation that the container has not yet been
registered into the vessel loading registration book or ask to delete
container out of the loading registration book ( in case of container
having been registered) at the registration division for vessel
5. Shipper gets approval of Customs office for picking up export container out of port
- Supervision Customs
- Supervision Customs Manager
- Leader of Customs branch Saigon Port – Region 1 – Cat Lai
6. Shipper gets approval of Cat Lai Port’s Operation on duty
- With the quantity of less than 3 containers: Operation on duty confirms.
- With the quantity of more than 3 containers: Operation on
duty officer asks Management Board of Operation Center for the
7. Shipper complete procedures at Documentation area, get EIR (Equipment Interchange Receipt) to pick up container.
8. Shipper pick up the container from Cat Lai Port by their own truck before EIR expiration.
2. Our company would like to move import containers
directly from the vessel to the cargo inspection area at Cat Lai in
order to save cost and time. So, which divisions we need to contact?
- Register via email address: email@example.com at least 4h before vessel arrival
- Registration content: name, address, phone number of
company or requirement maker/ sender, container number, size, vessel
name, voyage, arrival time, estimated container picking day, final
destination, notes (if available)
- Tel: 08 3742 234/153
3. We have lost EIR when doing procedures at Cat Lai.
Which division we need to contact to get reissued EIR? Is there any way
to keep our cargo well protected during the time of EIR reissue?
Customer follows the steps as below:
1. In case customer would like to keep container stored at Cat Lai,
he/she needs to submit all related documents and personal identification
papers to Operation on duty to keep the container unpicked in the
system. Upon checking, if the container has still been storing at Cat
Lai, Operation on duty officer will do the unpicking remarks in the
system as customer requirement.
2. Customer submits the signed and sealed written request with clearly
specified reasons to Customs and Cat Lai Port to require for the
issuance of EIR for the second time
3. Customer gets confirmation of Operation on duty about container location in the Port system
4. Customer get the approval of Gate Customs for the re-issuing EIR.
5. Customer submits the written request to have the EIR re-issuance
approved by the Customs at the Operation on duty to make procedures to
allow the container to pick up in the system (If the step 1 has been
6. Customer submits the written request approved by relating
Departments to the Documentation team to have the issuance of EIR for
the second time
7. Customer gets confirmation of Supervision Customs signed on the re-issued EIR.
1. Go to Registration Area of Goods management division at documentation area.
- Registration time: at least 4h before ETA
- Registration content: name, address, phone number of company
or requirement maker/ sender, container number, size, vessel name,
voyage, arrival time, estimated container picking up day, final
destination, CFS warehouse name
2. Regarding the Forwarding companies, Logistics companies: send
registration email with subject “Requirement for the direct movement
container to CFS warehouse “ to Operation on duty
- Registration time: at least 24h before ETA during working hours from Monday to Saturday
- Registration content: vessel name, voyage, arrival time,
container number, size, CFS warehouse name, Notes (if available)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cat Lai Port denies to get information from personal emails at Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail,..
5. When the invoice has been issued with the wrong company address, which division of Cat Lai Port company will have to work with to adjust?
Submit the stamped official written request with the title “Invoice Adjustment” to Documentation Division at Room A200, Gate B Cat Lai Port (for full containers) or the billing section of Tan Cang warehousing & transportation JS company (for bulk cargoes)
6. My company has a large amount of import laden containers throught Cat Lai port & due to the characters of goods, the documents usually arrive late and thus it offen takes longer time to complete documentation. Therefore, the CY storage charge has been arisen. In this case, what can we do to be exempted or deducted from the CY storage charge?
You should have a written request specifying the reason of the late documentation and full information of the shipment: bill number, vessel name, voyage number, arrival date, number of containers, container list to send to: Marketing Department, Saigon Newport Corporation, 722 Dien Bien Phu st, ward 22, HCMC.
7. How long will it takes to have the feedback from the port since we send the writen request for the exemption/ deduction of the CY storage?
After receiving the customer’s written request, the person in charge (P.I.C) will find the information about the customer and their throughput to see whether the customer is eligible for priority support or not. Then the information relating to the shipments will be checked (with the reference to the supports of the demurrage from the shipping lines). After that, the P.I.C will submit the request to the Marketing Management for approval. Usually, the feedback will be received within 1 or 2 days since the written request has sent.
8. How many days before vessel arrival are the export containers allowed to dropped of onto Cat Lai port?
Cat Lai port begins to receive the outbound shipment 7 days before the vessel arrival time (ETA).
9. How to register to visit SNP's premises?
Send request to email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org . The request must include the following information: summary of the company of visitors, purpose of the visit, detailed visit time , full names and positions list of the visitors, contact person (full name, telephone, email)Upon receiving the Email, the person in charge ( P.I.C) of Marketing Department of Saigon New Port Corporation will send the feedback to the representative of the delegation. You are kindly requested to register at least 1 week in advance and the time of visit should be from Monday to Friday during the working time. The maximum limit will be done to the short registration (several hours in advance) or the request to visit SNP’s facilities on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays.
10. How to check location of LCL container moving to CFS warehouses at Tan Cang & Cat Lai or LCL cargo stuffed into CFS Warehouses at Tan Cang & Cat Lai?
- Checking information of LCL container move to Tan Cang & Cat Lai CFS Area:
Finding information on website: www.saigonnewport.com.vn to check container location in each area
- Checking information of LCL cargo stuffed into Tan Cang & Cat Lai CFS Warehouse:
Finding information on website: www.saigonnewport.com.vn to check LCL cargo as per Container No/ Booking No stuffed into CFS Warehouse
Customers who are the drivers coming to receive cargo directly at Cat Lai CFS Warehouse, can use mobile message to check LCL cargo in the inbound CFS Warehouse as follows:
SNP KHN <Container No> send to 8140
Ex: SNP KHN FCIU4222921 -> send to 8140
11. Which Shipping, Forwarder are using services at SNP? How to connect our logo's company as Forwarder on website of SNP?
- Customers can find information of Shipping lines, Forwarders using services at SNP through website: www.saigonnewport.com.vn.
- Customers as Forwarder in Vietnam, are interested in and would like to register your logo on website of SNP, please send your requirement to our email : email@example.com with the information about the history of company, logo image, information of representative. We will have person to contact for the issue
12. How to get the information about the policies or facilities of SNP?
Customers would like to find information about policies or facilities of SNP through website: www.saigonnewport.com.vn or online channel support to each section as Shipping, Forwarder, Export & Import Customer relations divisions or Customer Center for the detailed guidance
13. Which benefits that customers will have when they contact to online channel support directly?
Customers will choose each section relating to their work to ask for clarrification of the unclear information, or express the feedbacks on the service quality of SNP’s premises, or difficulties relating to the formalities of Customs, Shipping Liens, port..etc.. . We will have the support timely or make suggestions to the relevant department for the improvements.
14. What are accumulated charges? In which case this charge should be implemented?
- Accumulated charge policy has been for import laden containers which stay in the CY longer than 7 days.
- If the consignees comes to port to pick up their container later than the 7th day since that container was discharged into the CY, the charges of first 7 days will be charges as usual ( no accumulation), the charges from the 7th day afterwards will be counted as per the accumulated levels. There are two levels of accumulated charges:
* Level 1: from the 7th day to 15th day
* Level 2: from 16th day and afterward.
15. Kindly provide teh contact address when customers need the assistance or would like to provice feedbacks for service quality upon delivery/ receipt of the cargo at Cat Lai terminal?
- Customer Service Center: Office Building at Le Phung Hieu Gate, hotline: 0907 400 400, Tel: 083 742 2234 – ext: 888.
- In case the P.I.C of the Customer service staff fails to meet customer expectation, customers may contact directly to the Head of Customer Service Center: Mr. Binh (098 322 7966), Marketing Vice Director – Mr. Chau (0903 602 017) and Mrs. Van (0989 001 880) or Marketing Director – Mr Quy (0903 392 779)
16. When completing the information into the packing list for dropping the export container onto the Terminal, which should be carefully noticed?
Customer should pay attention to have full and clear information as the follows:
* Vessel Name – Voyage
* Cargo Weight
* The next port of discharge (which could be either Port of Transshipment if container will be transshipped or Port of Delivery)
17. What Custom Declaration Procedure needs to be done by customers when receiving the import laden container?
Customers coming to receive import laden cargo have to do the following steps:
- Complete the online Custom procedures- After the Custom office ( online) has received the online data and provided the code for Declaration sheet, customers printed out the declaration sheet , signed and sealed with company’s legit stamps.
- Customer then bring set of documents ( including the above-mentioned printed Declaration, contracts, Invoice, Packing list, Delivery order, Certifications (if required) to the customs at port
- Contact with custom officers (as per the online guidance) to registere for Customs Clearance.
18. Which should be done when customers discover the seal incorrectness or missing?
In the process of forwarding the laden containers, customers must carefully examine the seal condition and compare the actual seal number with the number on their EIR papers. When discover any incorrectness or disappearance, customers should immediately inform to the office of the related Terminal or CY.
a. If customers inform about the problem to the terminal office within first 15 minutes since the laden container had been delivered onto their trucks, Terminal will organize, announce and cooperate with the related parties to resolve the problem and the port holds responsibility for cargo loss or damage caused by seal incorrectness or missing.
b. If customers take longer than 15 mins to inform the problem to the terminal office since they had received the laden onto their truck, Port will hold no responsibility for any cargos loss and damage.
Mr. Wang Yi Yong - Import/Export Director of Texhong Nhon Trach
Mr. Dang Quoc Tien - Vice General Director of Military Bank - MB
Mr. Hoang Trung Hai - The Member of the Central Party Committee - Deputy Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Mr. Nguyen Tuan Minh - The Member of the Central Party Committe, Secrectary of Party Committee of Baria Vung Tau
© 2014 - TAN CANG – HIEP PHUOC PORT JOINT STOCK COMPANY   -   Address: Plot A9, Zone A, Hiep Phuoc IP, Long Thoi Commune, Nha Be District, HCM City
Fax: +84.028.3780.0926 - Hotline: 0963 738 748 or 0932 6789 89     Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top